Fall is quickly on the horizon and it is a great time to get your fall landscaping tasks list ready. Taking the time to prepare your landscape this fall will help to save you time and energy this spring. Did you know that the cooler fall weather and moist air actually increases the growth rate of grass roots more than summer weather?
Don’t have the time to mow or tackle your to-do list? We’ve got you covered!
Here are just a few to-do items to add to your list for a great fall landscape preparation:
- Debris clean up, including removal of weeds and leaves to reduce pest infestation.
- Clean up flower beds
- Trim roses to avoid disease.
- Remove debris and pull old vegetables from your garden.
- Add compost to prepare the soil for spring planting
- Remove/trim dead, damaged, or diseased branches
- Trim back any overgrown hedges and bushes
- Drain and store your hoses and drip irrigation systems.
- Ensure water is drained from your fountains.
- Rake and remove leaves to protect your lawn from being deprived of light and air.
- Mulch leaves and apply to your flower beds and shrubs. Mulched leaves are also a great way to protect the root systems of young trees.
- Mow your lawn on a low setting. This will help the soil dry out quickly leading to a lush spring lawn.
Thankfully, you do not have to do all of these yourself. We are here to enhance the curb appeal of your home, increase your property value, and help to improve the appearance of your entire neighborhood, one home at a time. Other services we offer include seeding, aerating, installing paver patios, landscape design, fertilizing, and sod installation.
All of these items, as well as many others, are included in our landscaping, lawn care, and seasonal clean-up services. Whether you are caring for a residential, commercial, or government property in the Sykesville, MD area, we have the experience and equipment to handle any size job. Give us a call today to learn more, or visit our website.